I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of 25 egg ants tommorrow. Hopefully, we will get a "queen" egg.

We are doing Lesson 11 of MWFK curriculum.. An I have done my homework to prepare for the upcoming week.

We already have the Anthill Habitat where we will deposit the ant eggs.

We will learn and memorize and new verse this week. "Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its way and be wise. Prov. 6:6.

She will also memorize "I am a wise child, so I work hard." Which I will post in the front door of our fridge for daily memorization. The eager teacher in me wants her to recite, memorize, and do a copywork at the end of the week. But I will go slowly (sigh).

I have prepared 6 new sight words both in english and spanish. I have slacked in this area. I need to be more consistant with teaching her spanish.

So for lesson 11, we will study the Ant Anatomy. Hopefully the eggs will be here and will release them to their habitat later in the day.

We will be reading "If Iwere an Ant" by Amy Moses. This book was in the rookie reader selection of our library. She will read 51 new words this week. I have also prepared 6 new 3-4 words sentences for letter recognition and memorization.

For grammar, we will do a sentence a day. She is learned the proper use of upper and lower case and now is learning punctuation marks.

Math and science will be an integral part of the anthill project. I need to remind myself that math is learned in many ways and not necessarily thru worksheets only.

Hopefully we will be able to do an ant craft. I am hoping that we can do a lapbook. We will see. (sigh again.....)

All this is my plan lessons for the week. But I know that I can plan, but I need God to help me execute. Without Him, I will be fustrated and overwhelmed.

Almost forgot, Tuesday we celebrate Earth Day. I am planning something extra special that day.

That is all for now. I wish you all a successful learning week!

Many blessings.


Newer Post Older Post Home