Today we began a summer reading program with the UM. It was all I expected and more. I entered the classroom enviornment a little apprehensive. My daughter would be "evaluated" to see if she would meet the grade level.

As I have mentioned before she is only 5. And I began homeschooling back in January. Pulled her out of her PREK4 school and the rest is history.

I have been working hard with her when it comes to reading. I strongly believe when your child knows how to read the rest becomes so much easier.

So I felt confident and decided to sign her up for a level 1 or grade 1 reading level. I believed that she was ready and if not she can always be placed back to her real level.

So long story short, she was evaluated and accepted. I felt rewarded that the time and effort has been paying off. She felt great and extactic.

Aside from the bond your child and you create when you read to them, they just absorb so much.

It was a good day.

Blessings


Newer Post Older Post Home